A Note from Principal Coleman:
October 5, 2023
Dear Heritage Academy Heroes & Families,
Parent Teacher Conferences were great! Thank you all for attending and partnering with us for the benefit of your scholar(s). If there are any questions you have regarding your scholar’s progress, please let me or your teacher know. Have a great Fall break!
Open House and Open Enrollment Information for New Families:
We will be hosting an Open House for any prospective families on October 18th from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. If you know any families or friends interested in joining our school, please forward this information to them. I would be happy to give them a personal tour of our campus and tell them all about the great things happening here. Accepting Applications November 1 – 15 for the 2024-2025 school year for new families.
Dollar for Duds (Thursday, October 19)
On “Dollars for Duds Days”, scholars are allowed to wear non-uniform clothing including jeans that meet Heritage Dress Standards. Teachers are welcome to participate and wear jeans as well. Here is what you need to know:
- The cost is $1.00 for a shirt and $1.00 for pants/shorts.
- Wristbands purchased before school for participation and must be worn on the scholar’s wrist throughout the day.
- “Dollars for Duds” is optional and scholars do not have to participate. If scholars choose not to participate, then they simply wear the Heritage uniform.
- Money raised goes to support the Scholar Council and the school activities they will support throughout the year.
- Heritage Standard means: no sleeveless or midriff shirts; shorts must be 4″ from the middle of the knee and skirts must come to the middle of the knee: no cargo pants or shorts; no pants or shorts that are ripped or torn; no leggings; no inappropriate slogans or symbols on the clothing; and no pajamas.
- If a scholar is wearing inappropriate clothing, they will need to change.
Spirit Week (sponsored by the Scholar Council)
Mon. 10/30 Decorate your door contest – each class will decorate your door by 10/30
Tues. 10/31 Costume Day and Halloween Parade 8:30 a.m. (parents invited)
Wed. 11/01 Ties and Tiaras – Please stay in Dress Code.
Thur. 11/02 Favorite Sports Team Day – Wear your Favorite Jersey or Team Shirt with Heritage Uniform Bottoms.
Costumes, Parade, & Halloween Guidance:
Halloween will be here in a couple weeks after Fall Break. Each class will enjoy the day in their own way. We want this day to be as fun and safe as possible, so we have made several guidelines to follow:
- All food must be packaged, nut-free, and not home-made. Students will participate in activities within their classrooms, designed by their teachers.
- Students will need to come to school in their costumes if they want to wear them. Costumes are optional. There will be no changing into costumes during school, so costumes must be worn to school if your child chooses this option. If students prefer not to wear a costume, they may have a dress down day and follow Heritage dress down guidelines.
- Costumes should be as simple as possible. Masks for any costume are not allowed, since they may obstruct vision.
- Toy guns, long sticks, or pretend weapons of any kind are not allowed.
There will be an outside Halloween Parade on Tuesday, October 31st at 8:30 a.m. Scholars will walk with their class near the playground area. Parents may view the parade from marked areas on the driveline as the student walk in a single file line. Our goal for this day is for our scholars to have fun and enjoy the day, while maintaining structure and safety for all scholars and staff.
Important Dates & Upcoming Events:
Mon. Oct. 9 – 13: Fall Break
Mon. Oct. 16: Classes Resume
Wed. Oct. 18: Open House for New Families 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. (see above info)
Thur. Oct. 19: “Dollars for Duds”, $1 for a Top and $1 for a Bottom. This is a dress down day. Please refer to the guidelines above for this day.
Wed. Oct. 25: Trunk or Treat Event 5:30 p.m. in the Heritage Academy Pinnacle Parking Lot, sponsored by the PTO: Trunk or Treat Flyer and Trunk or Treat Sign Up. Hard copies are coming home in your communications folders today.
Mon. Oct. 30 – Thur. Nov. 3: Spirit Week (see details above)
Tues. Oct. 31: Halloween Parade at 8:30 a.m. (parents invited to watch parade)
Wed. November 1: PTO Meeting 6:00 p.m. in the Cafe
Thank you for your support!
Ray Coleman – Principal