A Note from Principal Coleman:
September 28, 2023
Dear Heritage Academy Heroes & Families,
Scholastic Book Fair was a great event for us and raised over $1,000 for new books for our classrooms. Thank you to Alex Fallon, our former principal and Andrea Lenhart for setting up and running the Book Fair so efficiently. Our scholars loved it and can’t wait for the next time.
Parent Teacher Conferences:
Parent Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Wednesday, October 4 from 3:45 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Make sure you sign up. Conferences are an important part of your child(ren)’s education so there is school and home reinforcement. This will help our scholars be responsible and more independent. Make sure you sign up for a 10-15 minute time slot with your child’s teacher if you haven’t already.
Open House and Open Enrollment Information for New Families:
We will be hosting an Open House for any prospective families on October 18th from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. If you know any families or friends interested in joining our school, please forward this information to them. I would be happy to give them a personal tour of our campus and tell them all about the great things happening going on here. Accepting Applications November 1 – 15 for the 2024-2025 school year for new families.
Heritage Academy tardiness is defined as not being in class in the assigned seat with all things necessary for class to proceed when the bell rings. We have a strong tardy policy that aims to have our scholars in class on time. If scholars are missing important instructional time, it will have an adverse effect on a scholar’s grade. So please make every effort to be on time.
Dollar for Duds (Thursday, October 19)
On “Dollars for Duds Days”, scholars are allowed to wear non-uniform clothing including jeans that meet Heritage Dress Standards. Teachers are welcome to participate and wear jeans as well. Here is what you need to know:
- The cost is $1.00 for a shirt and $1.00 for pants/shorts.
- Wristbands purchased before school for participation and must be worn on the scholar’s wrist throughout the day.
- “Dollars for Duds” is optional and scholars do not have to participate. If scholars choose not to participate, then they simply wear the Heritage uniform.
- Money raised goes to support the Scholar Council and the school activities they will support throughout the year.
- Heritage Standard means: no sleeveless or midriff shirts; shorts must be 4″ from the middle of the knee and skirts must come to the middle of the knee: no cargo pants or shorts; no pants or shorts that are ripped or torn; no leggings; no inappropriate slogans or symbols on the clothing; and no pajamas.
- If a scholar is wearing inappropriate clothing, they will need to change.
Scholar Council (Student Leaders):
Scholars in 6th and 7th grade listed below are your Scholar Council Leadership Team for the ’23-’24 school year. The Scholar Council helps lead our Flag Ceremonies in the morning, coordinates special activities, and events during the school days including “Dollars for Duds Days” noted above. Here is an introduction to our Student Leaders.
Scholar Council Members
- President: Bria Oliver
- Vice President: Alabama Sisemore
- Service Representative: Vanessa Olson
- Executive Public Relations Officer: Olivia Lenhart
- Spirit Representative: Oaklee Baker
- Historian: Solana Suhy
- Secretary: Mila Venezia
- Treasurer: Marley Cole
Elementary Class Representatives
- Class Representative K-1st: Maylie Reid
- Class Representative 2nd – 3rd: Chloe Lohmeyer
- Class Representative 4th -5th: Tiffany Johnson
Important Dates & Upcoming Events:
Wed. Oct. 4: Parent-Teacher Conferences 3:45 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Mon. Oct. 9 – 13: Fall Break
Mon. Oct. 16: Classes Resume
Wed. Oct. 18: Open House for New Families 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. (see above info)
Thur. October 19: “Dollars for Duds”, $1 for a Top and $1 for a Bottom. This is a dress down day. Please refer to the guidelines above for this day.
Wed. October 25: Trunk or Treat Event 5:30 p.m. sponsored by the PTO at Heritage Academy Pinnacle (more details to come).
Wed. November 1: PTO Meeting 6:00 in the Cafe
Thank you for your support!
Ray Coleman – Principal